Want to put a new twist on pizza night? Make these pizza roll-ups! Post contains affiliate links.
Easy Pizza Roll-Ups
When I was young, our local pizza shop was famous for their Pizza Rolls, after a day at the beach all the neighborhood surf rats would head straight over for dinner on Saturdays. Their Pizza Rolls were huge, stuffed full of pepperoni and gooey cheese…..Just thinking about them makes my mouth water, good times indeed. The pizza shop is long gone but the memories remain.
I wanted to recreate these awesome pizza rolls for my friends and family, but I am not a pizza chef, so I have put together a super simple recipe that is not only cost efficient and a total time saver, but so very yummy! The cool thing is you can even prep these ahead of time, brush with EVOO & wrap in plastic wrap (so dough wont dry out) to store in fridge then bake later that night or next day!
What you’ll need:
1- package Pre-made Pizza Dough (would also be delish with freezer bread dough! Rhodes Bake and Serve would be perfect)
1- jar spaghetti or pizza sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
1- package sliced pepperoni (or any topping you like)
Pre-Heat oven to 375
Unroll pizza dough and cut in half (or in 1/4s if smaller rolls are desired) Spread sauce evenly over uncooked dough, lay a single layer of pepperoni over sauce, then cover with shredded cheese.
Starting at one end, begin rolling/folding the pizza dough with topping over and over until you reach the end and it looks like a big burrito. Pinch the edge of the dough to seal closed, and tuck the side ends under to seal them too.
Place Pizza roll-ups on a parchment covered cookie sheet, sealed side down. Sprinkle with cheese and place in the preheated oven. (you may brush on some EVOO before the cheese if desired, but doesn’t need it) Bake till golden brown (depending on oven – aprox. 20 mins.)
And there you have it! Super easy, supper yummy Pizza Roll-Ups that your whole family will love! Serve with a side of warm sauce for dipping and you’re all set – Enjoy!!
How to Make Easy Pizza Rolls
- 1- package premade Pizza Dough (would also be delish with freezer bread dough! Rhodes Bake and Serve would be perfect)
- 1- jar spaghetti or pizza sauce (I like Ragu)
- 1- package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1- package sliced pepperoni (or any topping of choice)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Unroll pizza dough, cut in 1/2
- Spread sauce over each piece of dough
- Cover with a single layer of pepperoni
- Cover with shredded cheese
- Roll topping covered dough from one end until it resembles a big burrito, pinch dough closed
- Tuck open ends under to close
- Place sealed side down on a parchment covered cookie sheet
- Sprinkle unbaked pizza rolls with cheese
- Place in oven to bake until golden brown (approx. 20 mins)
- Serve with a side of warm sauce for dipping!