This recipe is easy enough for any night, but perfect for Valentine’s Day since it’s pink! Mike has been begging me to make my trifle recipe for weeks now. The one that I normally make is huge, so there’s no reason for the two of us to have that much in the house. I decided to experiment with smaller dessert dishes. This recipe is very forgiving and so easy. Just layer yummy ingredients and most likely it will end up delicious!
I purposely made this as a single-serve recipe. (Of course it will depend on the dish you use, as well.) This way I can easily adjust the recipe if I want more servings. Once again, I don’t like to have a lot of leftover sweets because I end up eating them all!
Presentation is everything with this recipe. I highly recommend getting yourself some fancy dessert dishes. You can even grab some at the dollar store. Whatever you throw in them is automatically more impressive!
If you are planning a stay-at-home Valentine’s Day date night, give these a try!
- 1 Vanilla Pudding Snack Pack
- Nilla Wafer Cookies
- Angel Food Cake
- Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 tsp Strawberry Quik
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Pink Sprinkles (optional)
- Cut Angel Food cake into chunks
- Crush up Nilla Wafers
- Mix Quik with pudding
- Layer in this order: Cake, pudding, cookies, cool whip. Continue until you run out of room in your dish
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles